The Rising Phoenix Review
is a monthly
online zine dedicated to publishing poetry, photography, and art focused on the working class and
other marginalized groups. The Rising Phoenix Review was founded as a
method to track the progression of modern social issues in real time. We believe genuine writing, photography, and art creates an opportunity for dialogue about how to positively mend the issues of
our world. We resolve to publish writers, artists, and photographers who peacefully and compassionately
address the most challenging issues of our era. We strive to build a sacred
space for the marginalized with the work we publish.
- We strive to create a safe space for all writers to share their voices.
- Our publication is open to all poets, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or religious affiliation.
- Our editors will consider work from established and emerging poets alike.
- We are seeking poetry about some of these modern social issues.
- All poetry must be your original work, and you must own all rights to your work.
- Submit 1-5 of your best poems for our consideration.
- Format your text in single-spaced Times New Roman font.
- Please title your poems.
- Include a cover letter with your submission.
- The cover letter should contain a brief biography and the title of your
- If you choose to include a bio, please make sure it is 150 words or less.
- If you want to know more about what we look for in a poem, read our publication philosophy.
- You may also read some of our past issues.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please promptly notify our editors if you choose to publish your submission with another magazine.
- You may submit previously published work, unless you are restricted from doing so by an agreement with your previous publisher.
accept poetry that has been published on personal blogs, such as tumblr.
- If you submit previously published poems, please notify us when and where your poems were published.
Rising Phoenix Review retains the right to publish and archive accepted
submissions in perpetuity.
also give us permission to publish their poetry in promotions, in
segments, or the poem’s entirety, as long as The Rising Phoenix Review credits
the author of the piece.
- All other rights revert back to the poet upon
- If your poetry is accepted for publication, we will feature your work in an upcoming
issue of The Rising Phoenix Review.
- If your poetry is published elsewhere, subsequent to appearing in Rising Phoenix Review, please mention that it was featured with us.
- We normally respond to submissions within one month. However, please allow up to three months before querying.